My Lovely Followers- Thank You

Sunday, 10 May 2015

LOTV Door Hanger

Good morning, are you having a good weekend? Hope so. The weather could be better couldn't it? At least it's not raining here, yet.

I have a little door hanger to show you that I made for using some scrummy papers and the gorgeous stitched stamps from LOTV.



It was really easy to make, I cut out a rocking horse shape 6 times on my Cameo using some cheap white card, I get mine from the pound shop. It's just perfect for the job.

I then glued the six together and popped under something heavy to dry. It becomes really sturdy.

I you haven't got a cutting machine then you could cut out the rocking horse shape by hand. There are a few free shapes out there on the web, that you can draw round.

I then added some patterned paper on top, again cut on the Cameo. Some ribbon, lace, a button & some paper wrapped wire as a hanger to finish.

Using a Spellbinders die I cut out 3 in the white card & 1 in the patterned paper, then layered them all up as before. I added another die cut panel on top.

I stamped the letters onto a contrasting paper, cut out and shaped from behind using a ball tool & foam mat.

I attached them to the plaque using silicone glue. I added some punched flowers & leaves. A couple of wooden buttons and paper wrapped wire to join it to the rocking horse.

I used: Up Up & Away and Pastel Dreams paper pads from LOTV
Stitched Alphabet Stamp Set from LOTV
Silhouette Cameo
Spellbinders dies
Woodware punches
Lace, ribbon, paper covered wire & buttons from stash

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, hope you all have a really lovely day, I'll be back later for a catch up.







 

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful Donna such a lovely idea too :) love that you use pound shop card stock too!
    Hugs
    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Donna, that stitched stamps look like fabric - a really pretty make.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful little hanger Donna with the most gorgeous colours and added goodies. Hope you had a lovely day for mother's day.xx {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really cute and pretty door hanger Donna, great idea to cut it on your Cameo instead of using mdf, will have to give this a try, enjoy your Sunday.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! A lovely door hanger for a little baby, great idea!The rocking horse looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a cute hanger for any child's room, so cute
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is cute Donna, lovely...xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous door hanger Donna, I love the design and the name plate is so sweet. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Donna, love the design and pretty papers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, absolutely gorgeous! I love how you've used these papers for such a stunning project.
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, absolutely gorgeous! I love how you've used these papers for such a stunning project.
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Donna this is stunning! What a lovely gift this would make!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab wall hanging, great tutorial x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful Donna and such a great idea
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is fabulous.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhh sweetie this is just Gorgeous :0) hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty hanger,Donna.

    Hugs,Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous Donna.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is stunning love it xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really do appreciate it and love to read every single one.

Donna x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...